Find a moment of silence at the end of each day. Breathe deeply. Stretch your body. Give thanks to all of the many blessings you have in your life (once you start counting them, you’ll find many!). Make it a habit to connect to stillness on a daily basis, and with practice stillness will connect to you… Wherever you are.
Took standing splits to the wall because I’m still working on becoming friends with my left hip flexor. I walked my hands up the opposite wall and there I found my edge. HOLY WOW all I could do was breath, the sensation was so overwhelming that is was grounding. And I loved it!
You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so that others won’t feel uncomfortable around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.
- You pack your mat when you go on vacation.
- You’ve downloaded songs from yoga class.
- Your Pandora playlist is mantra music.
- Your yoga clothes take up 95% of the laundry.
- Your Facebook feed is loaded with messages from your yoga instructors and people from class.
- Instead of…
Baddha Konasana - Bound Angle Pose